Protection on the move.
Car insurance protects your car, your passengers, and other drivers, and in the State of California it is mandatory. California drivers are required to carry policies with the following minimum limits:
- Bodily injury liability coverage: $15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability coverage: $5,000.
This is the absolute minimum you are required by law to carry; most motorists have limits upwards of $100,000 for these specific coverage types. Considering the cost of medical bills and car repair, you will probably want to purchase much higher liability limits on your policy. As you’ll see, if you get a competitive rate online, the rates for higher limits are reasonable and well worth the extra cost.
Ready to buy now?
How much coverage do i need?
The liability coverages will pay for the medical bills and property damage of the other driver if you cause an accident. Like all types of insurance, it is important to understand exactly what your policy covers and make sure it is adequate, as limitations and exclusions are not something you want to discover after an accident.
Aside from the state-mandated coverage, you might also want to get:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist to protect you in case you are in an accident with someone who doesn’t have insurance.
- Collision coverage to protect your own car.
- Comprehensive coverage to protect you from not-accident-related damage.
- Car rental and travel expense coverage for when your car is in the shop.
- Emergency road service to pay towing, tire repair, battery jump start (just some of their services).
- Medical expense to cover injuries to you and your passengers.
How do I find a good Auto Insurance Company?
If you’re looking for an affordable auto insurance policy, it is easy to compare rates on car insurance online. When you decide to buy insurance, however, it is important to work with one of the experienced agents at Palm Desert Insurance Agency so that you get the right policy – especially if you have teenage drivers, a history of tickets and accidents, or a high performance car. We will shop among the top companies in the industry to find the best rates for your specific situation.
Fill out our online quote form for an instant quote, call (760) 341-2345, or stop by our office to get your quote started today.
We are proud to provide insurance services throughout California in Palm Desert, Palm Springs, La Quinta, Indio and the Coachella Valley. We also serve cities in Arizona such as Phoenix, Scottsdale, Surprise, Glendale and Mesa.
73241 Hwy 111, Ste 1-B
Palm Desert, CA 92260