Your specialty is our specialty.
Benefit from a comprehensive package.
Many business owners, especially those who own small and mid-sized businesses, benefit from having a combined policy that meets many of their insurance needs in one comprehensive package. While all types of business insurance policies are available individually, a Business Owner’s policy or BOP is a perfect starting point for most companies.
Ready to buy now?
What is covered in a business owner policy?
Most BOPs combine the following coverages:
- Property insurance to cover your building, equipment and inventory.
- General liability for bodily and property damage to others.
You can expand business owners insurance to include:
- Business income insurance that supplements lost income in case your business is interrupted by a covered loss.
- Equipment breakdown insurance protects equipment damaged by mechanical breakdowns, power surges, burnouts, or operator error.
- Personal and advertising injury insurance to cover copyright infringement, libel, and slander.
- Bodily injury and property damage liability to cover your responsibilities to other people or their property from damage by you or an employee.
- Medical payments coverage to cover medical expenses to others injured on property you own or rent.
- Rented vehicle coverage to cover liability on leased, borrowed, or hired cars.
When you need insurance for business owners.
This policy is invaluable if you own your building, need protection on your business equipment and furniture, and have employees who could be dishonest and steal property from your clients. You can even add on protection against employee dishonesty, electronic data loss insurance, and terrorism.
The policy is not “comprehensive” in that it does not cover every conceivable risk. You would still need to purchase commercial auto insurance, Workmen’s Compensation, health and disability insurance, professional insurance, and any special needs that your business has.
How do you get a BOP that meets your business needs?
All insurance for business owners that goes under the name of BOP may not be right for you. To make sure you are getting business owners insurance that covers the type of risks you have in your business, your dedicated Palm Desert Insurance agent will schedule a free consultation to discuss your coverage needs. Since a business owner’s policy covers so many different things, it is important to make sure that a rate comparison is an apples-to-apples type of situation, where the coverage offered is comparable. We will help you obtain an affordable policy from our network of insurance companies.
Call us today at (760) 341-2345 for a coverage and rate comparison on a Business Owner’s policy that’s right for you.
73241 Hwy 111, Ste 1-B
Palm Desert, CA 92260