Keep your adventures covered.
Protect yourself on the open road.
As you enjoy riding your motorcycle on the open road, make sure that you cruise along protected with the best motorcycle insurance policy you can find. In California, motorcycle insurance is required to cover your liability for bodily injury and property damage to others, and designates that you have a minimum of $15,000 for injury or death of one person, $30,000 for multiple victims in an accident, and $5,000 damage for property.
When you buy insurance, your insurance company will report to the California Department of Motor Vehicles that you have purchased the required insurance and will also report if your policy has lapsed or if you have canceled it. The state is serious about your having motorcycle insurance and wearing a helmet while you ride, so you owe it yourself to find the best coverage you can find for the best rates.
Ready to buy now?
Offer valid with select carriers only.
What type of coverage should you buy for your motorcycle?
To protect yourself, you will probably want to buy a policy with greater liability limits and also make sure that your policy covers damage to your bike and any potential injuries you may suffer. As with auto insurance, motorcycle insurance offers optional coverage for:
- Collision coverage to repair your bike if you hit anything, such as a vehicle or building.
- Comprehensive coverage which includes theft, vandalism, hail, and other non-collision damages.
- Medical payments to cover your injuries.
- Towing and labor costs if your vehicle needs to be serviced or towed on the road.
- Rental reimbursement if you need to rent a bike while yours is in the shop.
- Uninsured/ underinsured motorist to protect you against others with inadequate or no insurance.
You may also need or wish to buy:
- Guest passenger liability coverage to protect your passengers.
- Optional equipment coverage if you modified your bike.
- Gap insurance to cover what you may owe after the insurance company pays in the event of a total loss.
How to buy motorcycle insurance.
At Palm Desert Insurance Agency, we are eager to help you buy your state-mandated insurance and obtain the full coverage you need at rates that take into account any discounts you might be eligible for, such as safe driver, taking a safety course, having multiple bikes covered, renewal discount, and more. We will shop our network of insurance companies to find you motorcycle insurance quotes that will make both you and your wallet happy.
Call us today at (760) 341-2345 or stop by our office for a quote on motorcycle insurance.
We are proud to provide insurance services throughout California in Palm Desert, Palm Springs, La Quinta, Indio and the Coachella Valley. We also serve cities in Arizona such as Phoenix, Scottsdale, Surprise, Glendale and Mesa.
73241 Hwy 111, Ste 1-B
Palm Desert, CA 92260