Plumbing Liability Insurance
Your specialty is our specialty.
What coverage do I need as a plumbing business?
As a plumber, you may specialize in residential, commercial, or industrial plumbing. If you or your employees or subcontractors are negligent in their work or make a mistake, your customer could be up to their knees in water and damaged property. While the type of coverage you need may vary a bit according to whether you are a general plumbing contractor with employees or subcontractors, or are a one-man shop, you need liability insurance to keep your own business above water.
Ready to buy now?
Offer valid with select carriers only.
What should plumbing insurance cover?
Liability insurance for a plumbing contractor usually covers claims made against you in several circumstances:
- If the customer claims that you or an employee caused bodily injury
- If the customer claims that your completed work caused injury or damage
- If the customer claims you provided poor workmanship or did the job improperly
- If fixtures or equipment you provided malfunctioned and caused injury or property damage
As a plumbing professional, you will also want the security of having other coverages in place for your business. For example, you may need:
- Property damage to cover your premises and your equipment whether on or off site.
- Business income and extra expenses to restore your revenue if a loss temporarily shuts down your business
- Employment dishonesty coverage to cover employee theft
- Coverage for newly acquired or constructed property to protect buildings under renovation
You may obtain this valuable coverage as a part of your business owners policy (BOP) or separately. You may also need:
- Contractors insurance to cover Injuries to subcontractors if you sub out work
- Commercial auto insurance to protect you or your workers driving company vans on the job
- Workers compensation for your employees who may become hurt on the job
Who needs plumbers liability insurance?
Liability coverage for plumbers and plumbing contractors offers protection for many professions who work with water lines and plumbing systems. This might include:
- Plumbing contractors
- Plumbing business owners
- Septic tank installers
- Sprinkler installers
How to get plumbers liability insurance.
If you need plumbers liability insurance, your dedicated Palm Desert Insurance agent can consult with you about your specialized needs and obtain quotes for the affordable coverage you need to protect yourself and your business.
Call us today at (760) 341-2345 for a coverage and cost comparison on a plumbers liability insurance policy that’s right for you.
73241 Hwy 111, Ste 1-B
Palm Desert, CA 92260