One of the most common times for home fires is during the holidays. Between decorations, string lights, and candles, there are many more ways for fires to start. Here are a few simple tips to ensure a safe and happy fire-free holiday season.
- Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn.
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for number of light strands to connect.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged.
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors.
- Before heading to bed, make sure to blow out lit candles and turn off all light strings and decorations
For more information on how to keep you and your family safe this holiday season, give us a call today at 760-341-2345.